Sunday, April 15, 2012

Purpose of this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to record my journey as a cyclist.  I hope to post tips and techniques that I learn along the way that may help you too.  There is a lack of this in cycling magazines.  They mostly tell you how to become an elite cyclists.  This advice tells you to buy expensive equipment and clothing that will either require you to have a higher income or spend all the money you have on it.  I'm here to tell you, you don't need to pay $80 for one pair of bike shorts to get a decent pair.  My first pair cost me $30.  So you pair that with a shirt that wicks moisture away that is $15 and your all set for clothing at $45.  Sure a cycling jersey with form fitting fabric, zipper, and 3 pockets would be nice, but it's also twice that price or more.  Soon I'm going to sew on 3 pockets in the back of mine for a few dollars.  I may even eventually make my own jersey at a fraction of what it would cost me to buy one.  So come on the journey with me as I build up my miles and speed, lose weight, and expose new pathways.

No comments:

Post a Comment